We are looking for a System Administrator (Linux, macOS, Windows) to join us in Mechelen.
You will be working with our Principal Engineer to further automate our internal IT and to maintain existing Network and Server infra. You will also support your coworkers with their IT needs in an environment with mostly Linux and macOS workstations, and some Windows workstations.
This is a hybrid position, though certain tasks will obviously require a physical presence.
Role & responsibilities
- You will help manage an environment of ~50 Linux servers, both physical, virtual, and cloud
- You will help automate endpoint management on Fedora/macOS/Windows, and you will help manage those endpoints
- You will help maintain and improve internal networks and VPNs
- You will help improve, test, and maintain Disaster Recovery Plans
- You will help the company grow by advising on software deployment and integration decisions
- You will help our software engineers in maintaining their test- and development environments using a variety of technologies
Skills & experience
- You have at least 5 years of experience as a sysadmin or similar role
- You're well versed in Linux operating systems (chiefly RHEL variants)
- You know your way around macOS and Windows
- You have some experience in Ansible or a similar infrastructure-as-code tool (Chef, Puppet, ..)
- You're not afraid of networks and firewalls
- You have some familiarity with writing shell scripts
- You have at least basic knowledge of DNS, DHCP, TCP, IP, and VLANs
- You know how to secure a system
- You're not afraid of learning new things and are willing to push for improvements
- It's a big plus if you have worked with Software Engineers and are familiar with tools such as Jenkins and Gitlab
- Having good written communication skills is another big plus
What we can offer you
- An attractive compensation package
- An endless stream of interesting technical challenges
- A place where your opinion is valued and where initiative is appreciated
Fill out the form and upload your CV and cover letter. Our HR department will contact you.